VW International, Inc, an employee-owned company, is a defense contractor headquartered in Alexandria, VA. We are committed to excellence and customer satisfaction by providing quality solutions in the management, construction and operations & maintenance of the healthcare and research facilities.
We have a need for a full-time experienced Journeymen HVAC/R Mechanic in the Washington, DC area. All tools are provided.
The right candidates will take pride in achieving zero equipment and zero unplanned equipment outages through effective preventive maintenance procedures. We are looking for the best skilled HVAC/R Mechanics with experience in a Research and Healthcare environment.
As an Employee-Owned Company, VWI hires skilled employees who are willing to do more than their normal assigned task. Our employees understand that positions and business needs change quicker that job overviews. This job overview should not limit our employees, but rather, encourage them to stretch their experience, grow their skills, and develop their ability to contribute to VWI’s employee’s ownership culture and success.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Installation, service, troubleshooting and repairs including but not limited to chillers, air handling units, DDC controls, package units, split systems, exhaust fans, refrigerators, freezers, hot/chilled water pumps.
- Task range from operation of systems to the examination and evaluation of equipment to determine needed repairs.
- Installs refrigeration and air condition equipment systems by positioning compressors, motors, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators, heaters, and other components in accordance with design and /or operational specifications.
- Maintains refrigeration and air condition systems by checking performance and determining problems and repairs, adjust, and/or replace defective elements.
- Performs routine scheduled maintenance on HVAC and refrigeration equipment and make necessary repairs and/or corrections to include filter, belts and other related components needed.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, the electrical, pneumatic and DDC systems associated with refrigeration and HVAC equipment form the safety switch throughout the equipment.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, and operates all types of centrifugal and reciprocating refrigeration / air conditioning systems and all types of temperature controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
- Must have Journey HVAC/R License, and EPA Certification per CFR part 82f Universal License for servicing and recovery of refrigerants.
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches, and specifications pertaining to HVAC/R systems; to follow oral instructions; to use shop mathematics and lay out work.
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing the specific craft function or certification from a recognized trade school.
- Computer aptitude and knowledge of MS office applications and experience with a facility Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software highly desirable.
- Ability to interpret and develop technical reports.
- Requires broad knowledge of mechanical principals on standard shop methods of the HVAC/R trade.
- To operate testing equipment for the systems; to use all tools and equipment necessary to the HVAC/R trade; to follow standard methods and procedures for the most part but on occasion to have the ability and knowledge to perform the unusual and difficult operations.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, squat, bend, stoop, and kneel for short periods, climb a ladder, stand for long periods of time, and constant arm extensions.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, but none to the point of being disagreeable.May involve minor safety hazards where likely results would be cuts, bruises, etc.
VWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer