VW International Inc, an employee-owned company, is a facility life-cycle solutions contractor headquartered in Alexandria, Va. We are committed to excellence and a customer satisfaction by providing quality solutions in management, construction and operations & maintenance of the healthcare and research facilities.
As an Employee-Owned Company, VWI hires skilled employees who are willing to do more than their normal assigned task. Our employees understand that positions and business needs change quicker than job overviews. This job overview should not limit our employees, but rather, encourage them to stretch their experience, grow their skills, and develop their ability to contribute to VWI’s employee’s ownership culture and success.
The right candidates will take pride in achieving zero equipment and zero unplanned equipment outages through effective preventive maintenance procedures. We have a need for a full-time experienced QC Inspector in the Washington, DC area, with experience in a Research and Healthcare environment. All tools are provided.
Why the job exists
The QC Inspector Duties may include studying blueprints, conducting research and competitor analysis, analyzing parts that make a product and ensuring proper measurements are taken to ensure products meet customer expectations and company standards.
- Inspect products to ensure that they meet quality standards
- Create tests for quality control of products
- Disassemble product parts to inspect them individually
- Monitor production operations to ensure conformance to company specifications
- Direct assembly adjustments to ensure operations reflect quality standards
- Ensure products meet customer expectations based on company objectives
- Communicate the results of inspections and put forward corrective suggestions
- Write reports to document deficiencies and errors of products
- Proven experience as a quality control inspector in the same industry preferred
- Proficient in computer word processing and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong regard for quality assurance according to company standards
- Good knowledge about industry products and processes
- Basic mathematical arithmetic
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Good team player who can work efficiently with minimal supervision
High school diploma/ GED (Required)
Bachelor's degree in a related field (Preferred but not required)
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Minimum Work Experience
- Math skills / basic math and computer skills for measuring, calibrating, and calculating
- Mechanical skills/ for specialized tools and machinery for testing
- Physical stamina/ be able to stand for long periods of time
- Physical strength/ be able to lift some heavy objects
- Technical skills/ ability to read blueprints, technical documents, and manuals to ensure products, and equipment meet standards
1-2 years in related field
Required Licenses and Certifications
Valid driver’s license to operate motor vehicles (Required)
Physical, Environment, and Sensory Requirements
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, squat, bend, stoop and kneel for short periods, climb ladder, stand for long periods of time, and constant arm extensions
Occasional exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely results would be cuts, bruises, etc.
VWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer