Experience & Requirements
VW International, Inc., an employee-owned company, is a defense contractor headquartered in Alexandria, VA. We are committed to excellence and customer satisfaction by providing quality solutions in the management, engineering, construction, and operations & maintenance of the healthcare facilities.
We have a need for a full-time experienced HVAC Mechanic in the Washington, DC area. All tools are provided.
The right applicants will take pride in achieving zero equipment failures and zero unplanned equipment outages through effective preventive maintenance procedures. We are looking for the best skilled workers with experience in a healthcare environment.
As an Employee-Owned Company, VWI hires skilled employees who are willing to do more than their normal assigned tasks. Our employees understand that positions and business needs change quicker than job overviews. This job overview should not limit our employees, but rather, encourage them to stretch their experience, grow their skills, and develop their ability to contribute to VWI's employee ownership culture.
Here is a partial list of some of the duties you will be expected to perform.
• Repair and maintenance of the mechanical equipment with tasks ranging from the operation of systems to the examination and evaluation of equipment to determine needed repairs.
• Installs refrigeration and air conditioning systems by positioning compressors, motors, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators, heaters and other components in accordance with design specifications.
• Installs and connects auxiliary and control mechanisms and piping or tubing.
• Charges refrigeration systems with refrigerant gas and tests for leaks.
• Starts unit and adjusts it for proper cut-in and cut-out of refrigeration units, humidifiers, heaters, air cleaners, and circulating pumps.
• Adjust systems for optimal performance.
• Maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems by checking performance and determining troubles. Repairs, adjusts, or replaces defective elements.
• Installs, maintains and repairs the electrical and pneumatic systems associated with refrigeration and air conditioning equipment from the safety switch throughout the equipment.
• Installs, maintains, repairs, operates all types centrifugal and reciprocating refrigeration/air conditioning systems; also all types of pneumatic/electro-mechanical temperature controls.
• Perform necessary plumbing procedures to ensure operation of systems and equipment.
• Performs other duties and shift coverage as required.
• Requires ability to read blue prints, sketches, and specifications pertaining to air conditioning and refrigeration systems; to follow oral instructions; to use shop mathematics; to lay out work.
• To operate testing equipment for the systems; to use all tools and equipment necessary to this trade; to follow standard methods and procedures for the most part but on occasion to have the ability and knowledge to perform the unusual and difficult operations.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience performing the specific craft function or certification from a recognized trade school.
• Requires broad trade knowledge of mechanical principals on standard shop methods of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics Trade.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
VWI offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, providing excellent options for every employee. The standard benefits package includes medical & dental insurance, vacation, and paid holidays.
VW International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer where good people want to work and clients want to continue to engage.
Learn more about us at www.vwi.com