HVAC MECHANIC - IMMEDIATE NEED
As an Employee-Owned Company,
VWI hires skilled employees who are eager to do more than just their assigned tasks. Our employees understand that positions and business needs change quicker than job overviews. This job overview should not limit our employees, but rather, encourage them to stretch their experience, adapt to change, grow their skills, and develop their ability to contribute to VWI’s employee ownership culture. This commitment requires our employees to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
WHY THE JOB EXISTS
The primary objective of this position to perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities. Will perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment related to the medical clinic.
Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment, hot water boilers, refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, water cooling towers, forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves. General maintenance duties including plumbing & painting.
Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers, gas and electrically operated air-conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls.
Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle.
Test and examine boiler operations, observing meter and pressure gauges; conduct boiler water quality test and treatment; adjust boiler burner combustion.
Flush boilers, descale tubing.
Install, rebuild, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary.
Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials; maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
Other duties include general maintenance, such as some plumbing and light carpentry work.
Perform other duties as required, such as general maintenance for the health clinic.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a CFC certificate from the EPA for handling and recovering refrigerants.
- Standard practices of the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- Theory of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Materials, methods and tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Applicable building codes, ordinances and regulations of State and local authorities pertaining to HVAC, refrigeration and boilers.
- Air compressors and pneumatic controls.
- Cooling tower and boiler water treatment.
- Manual and electrical tools and equipment applicable to the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- Sweating & soldering techniques.
- Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection of heating ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities.
- Perform preventive maintenance and diagnose defects.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and two years of documentable HVAC operation, maintenance and repair experience in the HVAC trade.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
VWI allows for reasonable accommodations that enable an individual with a disability to participate in the application process, to perform the primary duties of a job, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment that are available to individuals without disabilities.
VWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled