As an Employee-Owned ISO 9001:2015 certified Company,
VWI hires professional and skilled employees who are eager to fulfill the commitments of their assigned position and to do more than just their job. Our employees understand that positions and business needs change and flexibility is key to success. This job overview frames the position requirements, and encourages the employee to stretch their experience, adapt to change, grow their skills, and develop their ability to contribute to VWI’s employee ownership culture. This commitment requires our employees to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
VWI allows for reasonable accommodations that enable an individual with a disability to participate in the application process, to perform the primary duties of a job, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment that are available to individuals without disabilities.
WHY THE JOB EXISTS
The Logistics Manager is a key player in facilitating, managing and executing logistics and clinical engineering functions for the Initial Outfitting and Transition (IO&T) projects. Must possess distinct skills in integrated military medical logistics disciplines and management as it relates to the IO&T process. The nature of the project requires this position to fulfill a hybrid technical role that interfaces with all levels of the project team and end users as well as bridging all logistics requirements.
Ft. Bliss, TX (El Paso) potential for other US locations to include Denver, CO.
The Logistics Manager typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Take ownership and responsibility of Logistics program and provide leadership through the completion of project.
- Coordinate all logistical activities, plans, building readiness, relocations, installations and transition within project timelines.
- Coordinate move planning process, interviews, plans and materials.
- Act as Facilitator between Hospital members, government and contractor for development and progression of logistical team(s) activities.
- Support the on-site project manager and the equipment planning team in coordinating all initial outfitting requirements spanning all medical equipment, furnishings, and information technology items.
- Oversee the receipt processing, inspection, and acceptance process related to all equipment and furnishings applied for outfitting the new facility.
- Develop and coordinate re-use, purge and move planning and execution.
- Coordinate vendor new equipment training in conjunction with equipment and transition staff.
- Oversee BMETs during installation and testing.
- Ensure the data collection for DMLSS and warranty management.
- Very proficient in MS Office & SharePoint.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of scheduling software, and Access database a plus.
- Invested Team Player – willing to go above and beyond.
- Professional consulting skills to facilitate work group or board level meeting.
- Strong documentation skills to capture decisions, actions, history.
- Personal initiative and drive to follow-up on logistics related items.
- Outgoing, personal and professional in appearance and mannerisms.
- Associates degree in logistics, clinical engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Military medical logistics experience required.
- Sets high standards of performance. Assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and tasks.
- Presents a professional image.
VWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.