As an Employee-Owned Company,
VWI hires skilled employees who are eager to do more than just their assigned tasks. Our employees understand that positions and business needs change quicker than job overviews. This job overview should not limit our employees, but rather, encourage them to stretch their experience, adapt to change, grow their skills, and develop their ability to contribute to VWI’s employee ownership culture. This commitment requires our employees to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Why the job exists
The primary objective of this position is to provide project management support to the Fort Bliss Initial Outfitting and Transition project team supporting the new hospital construction project office at Fort Bliss (El Paso, TX).
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Assist the Project Manager with management of the contract and each task order.
- Assist the Project Manager with maintaining project schedules and integrated master schedules based on hospital construction documents and input from project team.
- Prepare schedule progress reports, trending charts, and schedule analysis on a periodic basis.
- Assist with the coordination of activities with the Health Facility Project Office, end-users, subcontractors, and VWI staff.
- Assist Project Manager with establishing and maintaining work processes.
- Represent the PM and influence decisions leading to the outcome of the IO&T mission accomplishment.
- Manage production of written reports and meeting communications documentation.
- Prepare and distribute data.
- Meet with clients, user groups, and team members.
- Assist in preparing presentations; presenting information; conducting inventories; validating property requirements (equipment, furniture, signage, information technology, and artwork); property management planning and documentation; scheduling/coordinating deliveries; installation, testing and certification; transition planning; establishing and updating schedules; managing a data SharePoint site; and general planning.
- Orient/ train incoming staff.
- Maintain project daily operations.
- Required to work independently with little supervision.
- Significant experience including Health Care Facilities Planning, Programming, Construction, and Initial Outfitting and Transition Planning.
- Individuals must possess broad healthcare, operational, management, and interpersonal skills with exceptional communication skills (organizational, verbal, and written).
- Knowledge of planning principles and practices, including pertinent specialties.
- Knowledge of transition principles and practices of research and data collection.
- Proficient in computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Access, and Outlook.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills to multi-levels (end-user to leadership).
- Problem-solving skills and gathering relevant information to defined practical problems.
- Ability to review and interpret architectural plans and designs is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or on a team and interact professionally with project managers, team leaders, and engineering staff.
- Ability to serve as VWI point of contact when interacting with sub-contractors.
- Ability to attend to details (tactical) while keeping big-picture (strategic) goals in mind.
- Fully capable of managing detailed tasks and apply critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to occasionally work past normal duty hours and attend unscheduled meetings.
- Ability to perform under pressure at times and takes pride in understanding, meeting, and exceeding customer needs with an emphasis on producing high-quality documents and products.
VWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer