VW International, Inc., an employee-owned company,
is a defense contractor headquartered in Alexandria, VA. We are committed to excellence and customer satisfaction by providing quality solutions in the management, engineering, construction, and operations & maintenance of the healthcare facilities.
We have a need for a full-time experienced Electrician in the Washington, DC area. All tools are provided.
The right applicants will take pride in achieving zero equipment failures and zero unplanned equipment outages through effective preventive maintenance procedures. We are looking for the best skilled workers with experience in a healthcare environment.
As an Employee-Owned Company,
VWI hires skilled employees who are willing to do more than their normal assigned tasks.
Our employees understand that positions and business needs change quicker than job overviews. This job overview should not limit our employees, but rather, encourage them to stretch their experience, grow their skills, and develop their ability to contribute to VWI's employee ownership culture.
• From personal knowledge and experience be able to locate and identify electrical equipment such as; power panels, switchboards, transformers, switchgear, circuit breakers, motor control centers, lighting, grounding, GFCI receptacles, generators, etc.
• Be able to evaluate the general condition of the equipment (new, good fair, poor).
• Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Applicable building codes, ordinances and regulations of State and local authorities pertaining to electrical equipment.
• Experience on an operation and maintenance team is preferred.
• Observant of health and safety regulations.
• Basic record-keeping techniques.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Willingness to be flexible to the ever-changing client environment.
• Experience with general equipment and facilities maintenance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and two years of documentable HVAC operation, maintenance and repair experience in the electrical trade.
• If no High school diploma, three years of electrical operation maintenance and repair experience may be substituted
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
VWI offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, providing excellent options for every employee. The standard benefits package includes medical & dental insurance, vacation, and paid holidays.
VW International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer where good people want to work and clients want to continue to engage.
Learn more about us at www.vwi.com